Wednesday, November 14, 2007

28 Weeks




Well time it seems is flying by and I had my 28 week appointment today. This appointment is the wonderful time in pregnancy when you have to take the one hour gestational diabetes test.....the only thing worse is if you fail the one hour and have to take the three hour!! Yikes! It basically consists of them making you fast past midnight, then within 5 minutes drinking a sugary concoction that tastes of flat Sprite. YUM! Then you get to go have 3 huge vials of blood drawn (did I mention this is all on a pregnant lady empty stomach?!). Well I made it through. Weight: 161lbs. Yeah, I am not too afraid to put it out there. I have gained about 16 lbs so far in 7 months. Little Bubba's head is down (now stay that way!) and the heartbeat sounds great! So now I get to go every 2 weeks. It is getting so close now.


Well I have been battling pelvic, thigh and back pain really bad for about a week and a half now. My neighbor mentioned to me last night that the pregnancy bands really help. I thought they looked tight and uncomfortable but I am willing to try anything to help me make it through my grueling days at work so I went out and bought one today. Aside from looking kinda creepy it feels, well, I don't know yet. I will have to "test drive" it on a day when I am working for 8 + hours to see how it really performs. Isn't it amazing what pregnant women will go through for a little relief?

Other than that I have little else to complain about. This pregnancy is flying by and little Bubba is moving and kicking up a storm. He appears to be healthy and so do I so who can really complain about that huh? I just know February is going to be here before I know it, especially with the holiday's right around the corner.

4 comments:

Tirzah said...

Bev, that is one heck of a contraption. Hopefully it will bring some relief.

z3roCooL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zoogal said...

Vanessa, did you leave a comment and then delete it????? I think I am going crazy?

Jules said...

28 weeks... wow. I can't believe you are that far along! Time flies:/ You are a looking good preggers!

Love Ju