Thursday, February 28, 2008

1 month old! Etc.....


So yesterday Lucien was officially one month old. It seems like just last week we were bringing him home!! The time has flown by and I know it will be just a matter of time till my little man is walking and talking with his sisters. It does make me sad for a bit to know this is the last time I will be doing this. But all the more reason to capture every moment! Here are some updated pictures of what he looks like today. Poor thing has such awful infant acne! I haven't had his newborn pictures taken yet because of it. Hopefully it will clear up in the next week or so. That is what I was told anyway. So just in the last few days he is starting to have a little more wakeful time during the day. He is responding to Adam and I a lot more now, following our every move and smiling when we get down and talk to him. He seems very content. On the 25th he weighed in at 9 lbs. 13 oz. so he is growing well. He sleeps pretty well in the evenings. From about 8 or so till midnight he is a little fussy and hard to calm down but beyond that he is sleeping for 4-5 hour stretches.

So I mustered up the strength to try my hand at sewing again. It is really something I want to do more of but it really intimidates me for some reason. So online they sell these things called "Hooter Hiders". It is basically an apron that is a little wider on the sides and is used as a nursing cover when you are out in public. They go for $45 at the local breastfeeding shop and they are nothing more than a piece of hemmed fabric!! I knew I could do it so I found a pattern online and for $11 in supplies I made my own! I even lined it on the backside which is nicer than the original pattern. This is my first attempt. Hopefully it will get even better with each one I make. If you know anyone that wants one..........they make great gifts, wink, wink.

Update on the girls, last Sunday we went and painted pottery at "The Artist in You" at The Summit. I will just say that the girls had a blast but I would NEVER recommend going there to anyone unless you are loaded. Heck I think Louisville Stoneware is cheaper to go paint pottery at. But, like I said, the girls had a great time so I am going to chalk it up as a learning experience and get on with it. We pick the finished products up this Sunday so I will post a pic at that time. But they had a good time getting out of the house. We have had quite a few snow days, early release, delayed openings as far as school goes lately and I think the girls have felt caged up. We are ready for spring to get here so we can return to the great outdoors again. This is a pic of one of the early release days for an ice storm we had recently. What a perfect time for hot chocolate and marshmallows! Thank you mom for the cute hot cocoa sets!

No comments: